Thursday, August 5, 2010

Peas and Carrots

Jack has been at home for 6 weeks and this time I was not looking forward to him going back to daycare for 2 days a week. He has been such a wonderful helper and brings me nappies, eats lunch with me and we take a nap in the afternoons together. He and William have started to play together and Jack passes Will his toys and his dummy when he cries. Will loves to watch Jack role play wth dinosaurs.

I knew it would be hard but I didn't realise how much William would understand. Today when we dropped Jack off Will remembered the place and watched Jack walk up the driveway and immediately burst into tears, kicking and carrying on. He screamed and cried for the next 20 minutes in the car. When he finally gave up he slept for 10 minutes and woke up looking for Jack and was grizzly for the next hour until he finally went down for a good sleep. After the good sleep he continued to search for Jack the whole day. He refused to be put on the floor where he usually plays with his best friend and cried real tears when I left him to go to the bathroom.

His eyes lit up when we picked Jack up at 3. He smiled and giggled and reached out to Jack. Jack and I even think we heard him say 'JA JA!' Jack told his buddy all about his adventures and the fun that he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment